Saturday, February 26, 2011

Drawing Practice

This weekend is a little warmer than it has been, so I finally got out into the garage and started work on the boat.  Yes, it was warm last week, but I had too many things on the honey-do list.  Got enough of those off the list now that I can spend a few hours working on MIKE'S PROJECT LIST.   Thus the boat.

Actually got two small boat-related tasks started today.  

First, I mounted two hooks on the wall, and strung a rope with assorted pulleys to act as a hoist to pull my work platform up against the wall and out of the way when not in use.  It isn't done yet, since I have a 3" boat cleat on order to tie things to when not in use.  I think I may need to buy a longer piece of rope though, since the 20' section of 3/8" nylon braid may be a little short when the platform is in the full down position.  I'll post a picture when I've got the cleat installed and the correct size rope.

On the boat itself, I finally marked frame elements on the piece of 19/32 A/C ply that's been sitting in the garage for the last two months.  Since the plan called for a 3' x 8', and it comes in 4' x 8', I've got lots of extra.  I decided to use some of the extra to make a couple of the small braces that the plans call for in 1/4"ply.  Since I plan that plywood to be marine grade, and these are inside components, I figure I'll reserve as much of that for other uses as I can.

Tomorrow, I'll be cutting out the frames I just finished marking out.  Again, pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment