Saturday, November 27, 2010

Starting Out

It will be another couple of months before I can really get started on my first boat, but I have gotten one task out the way.  Because I have a limited amount of working space, and want to be able to move my build around depending on what I'm doing, I've created a work platform on wheels.


This is an 5/8" x 4' x 8' OCB board backed by 2"x4" framing, with 6 - 5" rubber wheels.  I expect to use this for my first two builds (the GL-15 will overhang 3' on each end).  It should allow me to move the boat(s) around for easy access during construction, and shove it out of the way when I'm not working on it.

Currently on the platform is some lumber for a shelving project that my wife insists I complete before getting to the fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment