Thursday, January 12, 2012

A change of title

Yes, I've changed the title of this blog to include more than just boats.  Unfortunately, at certain times of the year I get away from boat building... and winter turns out to be one of those times.  I'll get back to it in a few months, but for now, the fever is off.


Instead, let's talk fishing, since the two are not mutually exclusive.

Last Sunday, I took my boy to the local Fishing Expo down at the fairgrounds.  He's been bugging me to take him fishing, so I figured I should get some gear.  Haven't been fishing for years... OK, decades, and while I was never into fishing as much as some people (for instance, my sister), I enjoyed it on occasion.  Also went an signed up for a fishing water (freshwater only).


Needless to say, I was unsurprised at my ability to spend close to $100 on tackle... and I didn't get much beyond the bare necessities.  Since I've no experience fishing the local water, we'll have to see if I guessed right as far as the types of lures and such goes.  Hoping to get out in a week or so on one of the local ponds.

1 comment:

  1. When you have to make a choice of boat accessories it is always safer that you start with procuring those that are vital to the smooth functioning of your boat and ensure the safety factors you will get from it.
    Voyage Electronics

    ReplyDelete